Associate Director: Medicines Optimisation & Individual Funding Request Services, NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit
Mahesh has over 10 years experience working in many fields within pharmacy including community, secondary care, private sector, academia, and commissioning. He is currently Associate Director for Medicines Optimisation at Arden & GEM Commissioning Support Unit and has teams across Warwickshire and Norfolk. He is committed to personal development and is currently undertaking the NHS Leadership Academy Nye Bevan Programme.
Notable achievements include:
- Leading teams in Clinical Commissioning Groups in financial turnaround delivering significant savings while also maintaining safe prescribing
- Was the CSU MO PbR excluded Drugs commissioning lead
- Was the lead Pharmacist for Specialised Commissioning in NHS England West Midlands Hub
- Grown the CSU medicines optimisation team
- Supported team and individual staff development for future progression